Looking to Redesign Your Outdoor Space?
Let us help you design the space of your dreams.
Beautiful design and functionality are at the core of all our projects and we are passionate about ensuring the design of the home and outdoor living spaces work together
Refined Group was established in 2005 with a strong focus on designer outdoor living. The connection between the home and its external surrounds is paramount in all our designs. With this philosophy in mind, we create exquisite gardens and construct outdoor living spaces to compliment and complete our clients’ homes.
‘’My garden is my most beautiful masterpiece.”
Specialising in new pools and landscaping, our Director Charbel Simon is a licensed and experienced builder with a long history in pools and outdoor spaces. He is highly regarded within these industries leading to partnerships with superior suppliers and tradespeople. Our building expertise gives us an increased level of understanding of structural landscaping, while our horticultural background and passion for plants delivers beautiful gardens.
This unique skill set means that we can offer our clients a complete transformation of their living spaces, including home, garden and pool. Very often, we are also engaged to design and construct an outdoor space and pool that act in harmony with a new, established or recently renovated home, and enhance the overall aesthetic.
Many of our favourite projects have been undertaken in conjunction with an experienced interior designer, and we enjoy the collaboration this working relationship brings.
Whether we work independently with the client, or closely with the designer, we see the partnership of pool builder, landscaper and designer as one that enormously benefits the client, ensures every practical and aesthetic component is considered, and assures them an exceptional standard of living in the future.
The Refined Group Consultation and Design Service Includes the following for a nominal fee:
- 1 on 1 meeting either at our office or via zoom (max 60 minutes). In this meeting we will discuss the design and selections. We will share our screen and markup your architectural plans and discuss the different design options and material selections.
- At the end of the meeting we will email a markup of the landscape works on your architectural plans in pdf.
- Within 14 days of this meeting we can then provide an itemised quote for the proposed works. (Note time may be extended if we are waiting on additional pricing from trades)
- We may be required to go to site for an additional onsite inspection if required.
Our Landscape Construction Services Include:
- Soft landscaping including lawns and gardens
- Retaining walls made from sandstone, treated pine and garden blocks
- Driveways constructed from materials including concrete, cobblestone and paving
- Carpentry works including decking and pergolas
- Landscape sculptures such as stone and metallic features
- Outdoor kitchens
- Irrigation services
The following items are included as standard in Refined Pools, new pools quotes. When comparing pool quotes, it’s important to ensure these costs have been included upfront so there is transparency on the total cost.
- Fill removal due to the excavation of the pool area.
- Allowances for electrical work.
- 400mm bond beam to coping as standard
- Home Owners Warranty Certificate
- Pool equipment is installed on concrete reinforced slab and Colorbond acoustic box.
- Quality Astral Pool equipment included as standard
- Temporary pool fencing during construction
- Options for pool fencing and gates
- Approvals and certification
Charbel Simon initially started his career in Landscape Construction and Design. His passion for construction and architecture was a natural progression to building homes. After seeing a disconnect between home and landscape design that led to project delays and additional costs, Refined Group was established to better service clients. Charbel holds multiple qualifications in building and landscaping and vast experience working for large Australian construction companies, before starting his own business.
Charbel is directly involved in the design and construction process for all Refined Group clients.